Save African Children on Social Vices Initiative, An NGO is not left out and concern with the latest epidemic that is claiming lives in different part of the world. Knowing that our children are a larger part of the society and are more vulnerable, and on weekly bases they exist as a single community while in school.
Corona virus otherwise known as Covid-19 which cases has been recorded in nearly 50 countries, and the World Health Organization’s risk assessment now at the highest level. There’s never been a better time to brush up on some of the ways to avoid the spread of infectious disease: proper, consistent hygiene.
Everyone from SACS has repeatedly emphasized on the need for implementing the under listed safety tips:
- Wash your hands and that of your kids often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Sneeze and cough into tissues or the crook of your elbow. If you get snot or spit on your skin, clean it off right away. Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, especially people exhibiting respiratory symptoms and fever.
- Every school should endeavour to have sanitizer and clean water in each classrooms for easy access to pupils.
For more info, visit/follow us on http://facebook.com/saveafricanchildtoday